Saturday, June 5, 2010

Dates are set

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

For many years, I have known that God uses every situation we go through for His glory. When we moved to Colorado in September 2000, we knew God brought us here for a purpose. After 10 foster kids, we knew for sure why God brought us here. He brought us here to touch these little lives with His love and to adopt one of these children. That was four years ago. Since then we have touched the lives of many more children through Scouts, church, school and everywhere we go.

My kids always tell me to stop talking to strangers, but I can't! I feel like if God puts me in a certain place, then I guess I should talk! As is in this situation.

I will be having two different surgeries, three doctors, numerous nurses and almost two weeks in the hospital.

My first surgery is scheduled for July 13th at 7:30am. The surgery is supposed to be 4 hours long and I will be in the hospital for 3 to 4 days. In this surgery, they will be going through my stomach to the spine. There is a lot of arthritis in my lower spine and no discs between the vertebrae. They will be inserting bone marrow from a cadaver to fuse the vertebrae together. They say this will be relatively easy to recover from. They feel this should take care of a lot of my pain in the lower back and I should be able to walk again.

They are trying to schedule the second surgery for August 4th. Trying to organize all these doctors on the same day is not easy! This surgery will be to rebuild the entire spine from the back. This surgery is scheduled for 8 hours and a week in the hospital. This will take longer to recover from.

As I contemplate these weeks ahead, I keep reminding myself that I am going through this for a reason. Not just to have a better quality of life but to glorify God. My path will cross the lives of many people that do not know Him and I am to be His light in the dark.

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for you Barb. You are so right, God had and still has a purpase for you here in Colorado. God has blessed so many people thru you. Remember giving the tomatoes to that homeless person on the street? And how he handled them like they were fine china? You are a person who allow's God to love his people thru you by showing them compassion and love. You are precious to the Lord and He holds you in His hands. Keep Shining Barb!

    ReplyDelete