Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Small Bump In The Road

“Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” Hebrews 12:2

In the past 2 weeks a lot has taken place. Our youngest son (age 6) cracked his shin bone in a bike accident and he is currently in a wheelchair with a cast from his toes to his upper thigh. This has made me, as a mom, suck-up the pain and get moving more. When a child needs you, you do anything you can to help. This is where we are now. We have to carry him up and down the stairs. Luckily he is very light!

I have had more doctor appointments. I finally met the vascular surgeon. He is the doctor responsible to cut me open, move all my inners out of the way and close me up. Sounds kinda gross, but it’s the truth. The spine surgeons need to get to the spine to do their work. I feel very confident in all my surgeons. I am praying God will be with them and guide their hands.

All blood work and EKG are finished. Still need to get to the hospital for a lung function test (do to my asthma) and a chest x-ray. Hopefully I can get these done this week.

I feel I am on the right track and getting more prepared each day – mentally, physically and mommy-way too. I am trying to clean the bedrooms out of all the old clothes, toys and junk by July 1st. Yesterday I finally made a pair of curtains for our family room. Just lots of little things on my mind to get done before the surgeries.

Last night I had an awesome conversation with our youngest. Me: "Don't forget to pray to Jesus."...silence...arms and lips moving….Me: "Well, say your prayers." Brett: "I say my prayers in my brain. They go past my lips and straight to my heart where Jesus lives."

Through all our trials in life, we have to keep our eyes upon God and He WILL see us though.

1 comment:

  1. Straight to his heart where Jesus lives. How wonderful! And praise Him for Summer...a time when all this can happen and it doesn't derail school! And praying for you, too, Barbie!

    ReplyDelete